Organic Ajwain Whole | Carom Seeds
Ajwain (carom) has long been pivotal in traditional Indian cuisine and Ayurvedic medicine.
Buy AsmitA Organic Farm’s organic ajwain to benefit from chemical-free, sustainable farming.
100% organic product & soil certification
Return Policy: Easy exchange as quality matters
2000+ farmers practice organic farming with AsmitA
Mumbai: Next day delivery, Pan India: 4-5 days
- Add the seeds to the dough batter, snacks, and other savory dishes.
- Add it to ‘Papdis’, ‘Mathri’, ‘Paneer Pakodas’, and ‘samosa dough’.
- Store in a cool & dry place.
What’s NOT there
- Toxic Pesticides
- Artificial Colours
Ajwain is known to exhibit antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have also found that carom seeds or Ajwain effectively treat peptic ulcers and lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. You can buy organic Ajwain online to add carom seeds to your diet.
Organically grown Ajwain is produced using ethical and innovative farming practices that improve soil biological activity and enhance ecological stability. Producing and processing carom seeds involve zero use of pesticides, artificial fertilizers, or other synthetic chemicals.
AsmitA Organic Farms strives to bring food to life with sustainable practices for a conscious future. One of the most trusted wholesale suppliers of grocery products, each product at AsmitA Organic Farms is handpicked from farms in the fertile Vidarbha region of Maharashtra. Our organic farming practices focus on developing ecological biodiversity in the plantation farm to ensure meaningful maintenance and improvement of soil fertility.
You may also like…
Cooking Time: 20 min
This chickpea omelette is a delightful twist on a classic breakfast favorite. Bursting with earthy flavors and wholesome ingredients, it’s a treat for both your taste buds and your health. The tender mushrooms, juicy cherry tomatoes, and vibrant spinach mingle together to create a symphony of colors and textures. And if you’re feeling a bit indulgent, a sprinkle of cheese adds a creamy richness that takes this dish to the next level.
Cooking Time: 90 min
Transport your taste buds to the vibrant flavors of Yemen with this tantalizing Yemeni Chicken Mandi. Infused with AsmitA Organic Farms’ aromatic spices, this dish is a symphony of coriander, cloves, cardamom, and more. The succulent chicken, marinated in a rich blend of Hawaij spices, promises a burst of Middle Eastern goodness in every bite. Fragrant kolam white rice, cooked to perfection, forms a fluffy bed for the star of the show. Crowned with golden fried onions, toasted almonds, and plump raisins, this Mandi is a feast for both the eyes and the palate.
Cooking Time: 45 min
Tantalize your taste buds with the rich and robust flavors of Louisiana Dirty Rice, prepared with love and the finest ingredients from AsmitA Organic Farms. This mouthwatering dish offers a delightful blend of textures and tastes that’s sure to please even the most discerning palates. So, why wait? Let’s dive into the enticing world of Southern cuisine!
Cooking Time: 15 min
Savor the smooth and creamy texture of this delicious caramel sauce, made with the best ingredients from AsmitA Organic Farms. The unusual combination of salted butter, double cream, and coconut sugar turns this sauce into a wonderful treat. Rich, golden in color and buttery, delicious, it’s the ideal side dish for your favorite sweets.
Cooking Time: 90 min
Prepare to embark on a culinary journey as you dive into the enticing world of Nigerian Jollof Rice, transformed into a masterpiece with the finest ingredients from AsmitA Organic Farms. The heart of this dish lies in the sauce, a symphony of red bell peppers, plum tomatoes, onions, and Indian chilies, simmered to perfection.The star of the show is the rich and flavorful sauce base, which blends seamlessly with our AOF Organic Kolam White rice. Slow-cooked to perfection, the rice absorbs the essence of the sauce, creating a harmonious fusion of taste that’s hard to resist. As your kitchen fills with the mouthwatering aroma of this Nigerian classic, you’ll find yourself counting down the minutes until it’s time to serve. Each grain of rice tells a story of tradition and love, making it a dish that’s not just a meal but a journey for your taste buds.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is organic ajwain?
Ajwain, or carom, is a seed-like fragrant fruit slightly green to brown in colour and has a bitter taste. People have used ajwain since ancient times in cooking and healing in various parts of the world, especially in India. Organic ajwain is incredibly nutritious. It is rich in fibre, antioxidants, and other vitamins and minerals and is used as a spice in most Indian cuisines. The wealth of nutrients in ajwain includes dietary fibre, essential fatty acids, and protein. Ajwain is power-packed with essential oils and polyphenols such as thymol, linoleic acid, oleic acid, pinene, and terpinene. AsmitA Organic Farms provides organic ajwain that offers numerous health benefits and promotes overall well-being.
Is organic ajwain good for health?
Since ancient times, ajwain seed has been used for its medicinal properties and health benefits. Organic ajwain is produced from crops not sprayed with pesticides, herbicides, or other harmful chemicals. Organically grown ajwain is free from preservatives and extremely safe to consume. Some of the amazing health benefits of ajwain include:
- Ajwain seeds contain two active ingredients - thymol and carvacrol. These phenol derivatives are extremely effective in fighting against bacteria and fungi.
- Ajwain (carom) seeds can reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels, improving heart health.
- Thymol —a major component of ajwain — exhibits calcium-channel-blocking effects and helps reduce blood pressure levels.
- The active enzymes and volatile oils in carom seed extract can improve digestive health. These active enzymes and oils help prevent and treat chronic indigestion.
- Adding a teaspoonful of this aromatic spice in boiling water and drinking it can help treat colds and coughs. The active ingredients of ajwain act as an expectorant and help in increasing airflow to the lungs. Thymol, present in ajwain, is a natural anti-inflammatory compound that can relieve pain in arthritis.
What are the benefits of organic ajwain?
- Loaded with soluble dietary fibre, ajwain aids in improving digestive and intestine health. It also helps in treating gas and bloating. Chewing ajwain can help relieve constipation and eliminate problems like indigestion and flatulence.
- Ajwain is an excellent source of antioxidants.
- Ajwain seeds extract exhibits antibacterial and antifungal properties and help the body fight against bacteria like salmonella, E Coli, and fungi.
- When added to tea, carom seeds can treat dysentery and spasmodic pain.
- The anaesthetic properties of this aromatic spice help to provide relief in case of rheumatic pain when applied topically.
- Ajwain helps treat respiratory ailments like asthma and bronchitis when combined with ginger extract.
- Ajwain seeds clear nasal and throat congestion and improve the functioning of the airflow and lungs. Additionally, ajwain helps relieve sore throat, cold, and mild asthma by dilating the bronchial tubes in the lungs.
- Ajwain Seeds (Carom seeds) in lukewarm water can be a great mouthwash. The active ingredients of ajwain seeds can help maintain good oral hygiene.
- Ajwain seeds are also important in various lotions and ointments for skin treatments. They are also found to be effective in treating peptic ulcers. Since ajwain improves digestion and metabolism, it can also be used for healthy weight loss.
Can ajwain be eaten daily?
- Ajwain has played a crucial role in Ayurvedic medicine since ancient times. It helps improve digestive health, improve heart function, and strengthen the immune system.
- Ajwain seeds contain volatile oil and 20 different bioactive compounds, including thymol, terpenoids, and p-cymene, known to possess anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, spasmodic, and many other therapeutic and medicinal properties. For instance, thymol and carvacrol in ajwain possess antifungal and ant–bacterial properties.
- If taken in moderation, ajwain (or carom) seeds are safe for daily consumption. It can impart flavour and a spicy kick to various dishes and beverages. It has been an ingredient in every Indian kitchen and Ayurvedic herbal formulations for ages.
Clean and clear without adulteration
Quality, quantity, Rate